Monday 31 December 2012

Goodbye 2012!

So it's the end of 2012 and I just wanted to post a little blog to see the year off.

This year has had some of the highest highs, and the lowest lows. There have been times this year where I've just wanted to give up on everything completely, curl up into a ball and wallow in all my own sorrows, and there have been other times where I've wanted to climb to the top of the tallest mountain and scream to the world about how happy I am.

My life has been up and down and round all of the bends this year, I've had the hardest struggle, medically speaking, that I've ever had and I've been in the wars a few times, walked around with slings and bandages, sat in a'n'e for hours, had x-rays and blood tests and physio and god knows what else, but I never let that define me. I never once let anyone tell me I couldn't do something I wanted to do, I didn't let one scratch or bump ruin what I've wanted to do.

I spent as much of my time as I could at gigs this year and I had the best time just being there and letting the music and the atmosphere take me away. I met amazing people, people who will always have space in my heart and hopefully, in my life too.

I met my best friend for the first time in person, and I couldn't thank her enough for how amazing she's been. She's become an honorary family member, someone who will always have a place in all of our heart, even is she does live 232 miles away.

So, it's true, I did lose a couple of amazing friends this year. We're all growing up now, and we're growing apart, but even though I miss some of those people, even though I wish things could go back to their perfect clarity with those select people, at the same time, I believe that everything happens for a reason, and if I hadn't drifted apart with those people, I might not ever have met these new, life long friends that I spoke about in the past two paragraphs.

I'm so looking forward to all the amazing things that are going to happen in 2013, and although I'll be greatly worrying about Uni and fretting over things to come, I know that I'm going to have a great year next year, because I'm going to make it great, and some very amazing people will help me make it great, even if they don't happen to stumble upon this blog, even if they never know how much they've changed my life, they are going to make it the best year so far, especially in April.

We've all been through a lot this year, but the world didn't end, so from me, to you, I wish you all a very happy new year, and I hope all the best things come to you in 2013

Thanks for reading,

Alie :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment