Saturday 27 April 2013

Rumours first gig.

asdfghjkl oh ma god.

I couldn't find a good way to start this blog, purely because the feels had to be let out. Now that's out of the way, lets get down to business. 

Last night, I travelled to Bristol to see a band called Rumours first gig. Now, before anyone calls me crazy for travelling a long way to see a bands first gig, I would like to point out that I most likely am crazy and also that I would never, ever have missed that first gig for the world.

I was pleasantly surprised when Rumours started playing.. Not because I wasn't used to the music they were playing, but because they were playing music similar to the music I grew up listening to. Rumours music took me back to my roots, and back to where my love of music all began, and I felt this musical void inside me just fill up with beautiful songs and the warmest love I've felt for a band in a long time. 

Until Rumours played their first song, I had no idea how much I missed Rock music, and now I just can't get that feeling out of my head. That feeling of being complete for the first time in a long time. 

The songs that Rumours played were all heart-felt, honest, pure and relatable songs. Songs that have been missing from some music for a long time. At one point, during a song called 'meet me half way' I did feel a little prick at the old tear ducts, because that song is just beautiful in so many ways. 

I could bang on about the purity and beauty of each song for days, but I think, once you listen to Rumours for yourself, you'll hear exactly what I'm saying.

I can't wait to hear what Rumours have in store for us, I can't wait to see them live again, and I can;t wait to see them again in general. These guys; Alex Mcmain, Neil Oliver, Dan Mur & Jamie Hadley, are four of the loveliest, sweetest, incredible, amazing and inspiring people I've ever met.

I wouldn't change last night for the world.

I'd like to thank Rumours for being so absolutely and incredibly amazing last night, and I'd like to thank them, from the bottom of my heart, for bringing the music that I love back into my life, but with a new, unique and fresh take on it.

I know for a fact that I won't stop smiling for weeks, maybe months to come, and neither will anyone else that was there. 

Rumours are going to change the world.

Thanks for reading, I'll put all of Rumours links below.

Alie :) x

________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment