Sunday 21 October 2012

Darwin's theory of evolution.

Okay, weird title right? Wrong.

Something I've always loved is science, so if you don't want to read anything science-related, I suggest you just don't read this blog instead of boring yourself.

Now, at school, Chemistry was my favourite science, Physics was the one I hated, and Biology was the one I scored highest in. I was good enough at all of them, but there was something in Biology that just clicked. It was interesting, a little gruesome at times, and I always had something to add, which was never really something I did at school. Add things, I mean. I was always so quiet, still am in some ways. My friends at college still don't see the crazy 'home' side of me, mainly because I'm scared they'll think me a 'freak' or something, not they don't already. They also don't see the 'smart' side of me, because I know a lot about a little, and the subjects I've always thrown myself into don't ever come up. No one wants to know how a jaguar kills it's prey (by piercing the preys skull with it's teeth) or that one of the guys that invented the blue stuff that they take impression with at the dentist was my great uncle. It's not relevant, and I don't care if people don't see those sides to me that much, but I do worry that the sides of me they do see, portray me as boring. I just don't know how to release the idiot side of me that is pretty much skitz and filled with various characters that I don't even know i'm doing half the time. I'm so awkward with people that sometimes I freak out and don't know what to say, so I something stupid by accident. I hate this side of me sometimes, but it's a side of me nonetheless.

Anyway, lets get back to what I was going to talk about. Darwin's theory.

I think that Darwin's theory of Evolution is absolutely genius. Things evolving from rocks and bugs to reptiles and mammals to intelligent beings that eventually learn to talk, read, write and converse? It couldn't be any cooler, so why are people so quick to shun it?

'People didn't evolve from rocks, don't be silly.' Okay, so maybe we didn't evolve from rocks, maybe we evolved from the bacteria that was living on rocks at the time. Maybe that bacteria found some food and it hulked out into a bug, and that bug hulked out into something else and so on. Who's to say that isn't possible? I'm certainly not going to rule it out.

The fact is, we'll never know where we came from or why we exist. We'll never know what happens next, and we'll never know why it is that we die, but we do have so many brilliant and interesting theories to indulge ourselves in, so why not? Why not believe something that's only a tiny bit possible, why not believe that there are parallel universes, other galaxies and universes? Why not.

This has all just been playing on my mind a bit, how people are so closed, so, if you fancy, let me know what you believe about that universe and why we're here, I'm genuinely interested to know.

Thanks,

Alie, :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment