Sunday 12 October 2014

Friendships to hold dear.

Hello my loves,

I'm really getting back into blog writing recently, but as usual, there is no continuity between my posts.

Today I was going to write about the summer, but after almost completely finishing the post, I decided to write more about the friendships that were formed over my summer instead of just that vague topic of 'summer'.

I recently said that this past summer was the best of my life, but it wasn't because the weather was good or because I did anything particularly life changing, it was because I somehow ended up forming one of the best and craziest friendship groups consisting of myself, my brother Ryan, his girlfriend Lily, and his best friend Ellis. At first, I'll be honest, I did think I might end up being a bit of a fourth wheel or the odd one out, but that didn't happen at all, in fact, I can safely say that I now proudly call Ellis my best (guy) friend and that I actually probably spend more time hanging out with him than I do with most other people. I don't know how or why it happened, but we just seemed to click, we get each other and now we even say the same things at the same time and probably finish each others sentences.

This summer taught me that you can form friendships in the most unlikely places and that those friendships can become the very thing that hold you together when you feel like your whole world is falling apart. We did a lot this summer, from bowling, to bathtub shots, to camping, to just hanging out and watching movies, and when the summer ended, that didn't end. Our bond as a group only gets stronger, and our bonds within our separate friendships only grow stronger too.

I'll keep this short and hopefully a little less sweet as I'm far too sentimental to begin with, but more than anything, I'm glad that this summer gave me the opportunity to experience such an overwhelming love for another person and for a group of people that will hopefully be in my life for a long, long time.

Thanks for reading,

Alie :) .xo

No comments:

Post a Comment