Saturday 11 October 2014

Lime Crime Velvetine: Red Velvet Review | HeyyItsAlie







Hello my loves!

I decided to do something a little different today as usually I just rant or fret or talk about music, but I thought why not post a review? Some of you may know that I post beauty videos amongst other things on my youtube channel (www.youtube.com/heyyitsalie - shameless plug) so I thought why not review a product that I've had sitting around for months and not had a chance to use?

I'll start with a little back story: I originally got the Lime Crime Velvetine Red Velvet lip stain for christmas last year (2013 for anyone reading this quite far into the future) and although I've worn it a couple of times, I haven't really had a chance to give it a full outing, until last night that is. I decided I wanted to at least try to impress someone, and so as I stared into the jumbled mess that is my lip box, my eyes fell upon Red Velvet, sitting not so innocently in it's gorgeous packaging, daring me to give it go, all for impressive purposes of course.

Outer Packaging.

Tube.
I started off by applying a cheap drug store lip pencil in a similar colour so that I could get the true outline of my lip shape. Next I went in with Nivea's hydrocare lip balm which is literally one of my favourite inventions on this earth, and then I finally began to apply Red Velvet. I'll add here that less is more with this product. From previous experience I knew to relieve the applicator of most of the product otherwise it just goes everywhere and you tend to just give up and go with a regular, boring and quite frankly less sexy lippie. Anyway, I followed the shape of my lips and filled in the blank space and after a few moments of tidying the edges, I was pretty much set.

Right before I left, I decided to add Nivea's hydrocare lip balm over the top as well as underneath as the product felt quite drying and I was paranoid about it flaking or cracking throughout the night.

Once dry, Red Velvet feels silky smooth to touch (I did a survey ;)) and looks gorgeous on. It is highly pigmented and shows no signs of shifting throughout the night, even after a cheeky maccies and a few nervous lip bites.

Over all, I actually adore this product. It's sexy, light and actually smells delicious too. I probably wouldn't chance it without some kind of lip hydrator either underneath or over the top, but the staying power is absolutely amazing, and if I gave it a rating it would be 9/10/
Life saving Nivea hydrocare lip balm.




Red Velvet with hydrocare underneath
Red Velvet with Hydrocare underneath and on top
Red Velvet with hydrocare underneath & on top + cheeky insta filter.

Thanks for reading!

Alie :) xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment