Tuesday 14 October 2014

(Un)happy go (un)lucky and the snoozer of the alarm.

Hello my loves,

I'm in class right now and it would probably benefit me to be doing something other than blogging, but anyone who knows me will know that when the writing bug strikes, I must bow down to the urge.

I have had the unluckiest morning.. You know the ones I'm talking about.. Where everything that can go wrong does? Well, let me begin by mentioning that I had a crappy nights sleep and I have no idea why but it does mean that I currently have more bags than Tesco's under my eyes.. Now I'd say that this lack of sleep was what caused me to over-snooze my alarm, but I'll be honest, and some of you know this already; I am an alarm snoozing fiend. I can snooze that alarm anywhere from twice to fourteen times in any given morning and it's quite a ridiculous and very bad habit to keep.

Due to my snoozing, I managed to get up approximately nineteen minutes late and discovered that the leggings I wanted to wear were still damp (cry) so I had to pick up an incredibly thin, worn pair that definitely would not keep me warm for the day. From here my bathroom routine went pretty well, I thought 'hallelujah! Things are looking up, I can brush my teeth without running into danger!', but then came the attempt to straighten my hair. I began to glide the tongs down the length of my glossy hair (thank you Alberto Balsam, you genius), only to realise (eventually) that I never actually turned my straighteners on. I corrected the mistake and was actually pretty proud of how straight I managed to get my unruly hair to go. By this point I realised I had ten minutes left before I had to leave and still had my Pj's on. I'll skip the next ten minutes as long story short, I had to skip breakfast and we all know how cranky I get when I don't eat.

I left the house only to be met with a cold shower from the heavens above and rushed to find shelter so that I could retrieve my umbrella, which is a pile of shit. The arm thingies (you know what I mean) on my umbrella bent out of shape as I opened it and I was definitely not impressed. I tried my best to hold that horrible piece of not-very-waterproof material over my head as I trudged to the train station, but the cars and buses that drove by me and watched as I struggled only wanted to add to my pain and torment by driving through the puddles at the side of the road to soak me in the muddy ice water that lurked there.

By the time I reached the station, I was cold, I was soaked through and I just wanted to cry, but the man in front of me at the ticket machine still decided that he wanted to fumble with his change and cancel his tickets four times before he actually managed to buy his tickets and leave me enough room under the shelter so that I could buy my tickets in the dry.

By this point I was fed up, and so I thought to myself 'what will make this day better?' and I took my luck into my own hands.

The day has lifted slightly now, owing mostly to my seemingly ever-present saviour and his ability to make me smile even if we only see each other for a few minutes, the promise that lunch time will be great and the fact that my one to one tutorial went well this morning although there was one pressing point I didn't get to mention which has worried me slightly, though I'm sure I can probably find a way to deal with that next week hopefully.

My first lecture is an hour and ten minutes away from ending and I've been tapping away at this blog surreptitiously for nearly two, so I suppose it's probably time for me to wrap it up. At least my lecturer has decided that my work is worthy of more than a few words now anyhow.

Thanks for reading you beautiful creatures.




No comments:

Post a Comment