Thursday 13 September 2012

Crazy Psycho fangirls.

Two rant blogs in one day, Alie, what is this tomfoolery?!

Okay, I just wanted to make a quick point..

I'm a fan of a lot of different bands, much like most people these days. I follow them on twitter, I go to their gigs and I sometimes get the chance to have a conversation with them. What annoys me, is when people in the same fan bases, mainly girls, go absolutely nutso over a member/members of the band and start to lie to people and tell them how they're 'with' band members, have 'things' with band members or "know" them personally. I know this is something I shouldn't take to heart, but when younger fans, or newer fans see this sort of behaviour, they start to 'idolize' the person who has supposedly experienced these things with band members.. I just don't think that's fair, to lie to someone and tell them 'stories' that they later on take to heart and start to try to mimick, because in some cases, it makes those people that have believed the lies make complete fools of themselves.

Another thing that annoys me, is older fans preaching that newer fans aren't worthy enough to be considered fans of a band because they haven't been in the base as long. I'm sorry, but in my opinion, a fan is a fan is a fan, what difference does it make whether you've supported them for five years or two? what difference does it make if you could only afford to go to one of their gigs? Why should it matter just how many pictures you have with a band member?

Some of us are persistent enough to sit around and wait to be able to meet band members. Some of us are genuine enough to stop and have a genuine conversation with a band member about the gig and about them and how they are. Some of us are brave enough to have banter with band members and occasionally, we'll get recognized, but that doesn't mean that we're suddenly the girlfriends of the people who have recognized us, or the best friends, or even the long lost family members. So please, delusional people, STOP. MAKING. LIES. It's not a competition. We're all here to enjoy the music that our favourite bands make, so why can't we just do that, and, if we don't get on with the other fans in the base, keep to ourselves.

Thanks for reading.

Alie :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment