Thursday 6 September 2012

Royal Mail.....

Hey, okay, someone reccomended I blog about the royal mail.. I liked this suggestion because I have quite a bit to say on the matter.

In May this year, I sent a package to my friend who lives far away. She wasn't in to recieve the package on the day it arrived, so it went back to her post office. A few days later, she was available to pick it up, but when she arrived at her post office, she was informed that the package had been sent off to the "main office" in belfast and that the person who sent the package would have to fill in a form to get the package back before it was incinerated. We both checked out the rules for keeping a package and found out that a post office have to keep a package for eighteen days before it is sent off for incineration. I sent off the form to get the package back, and also complained on the Royal mail website, but did not get a reply from either. Four months on, I've heard nothing back, and by november, the package will be incinerated.. So that's my first gripe.

My second, is that whenever I got to pick up a package from the post office, who ever is manning the desk is always extremely rude. I don't think i've ever once politely been asked to give the person on desk my delivery card, and my packages are almost always practically thrown at me.

Thirdly, I can't tell you the amount of times my post has arrived at 7/8 o'clock in the evening. I'm pretty sure this isn't normal and that my postman is either nocturnal or just doesn't own a watch.. or maybe has no sense of time, or light, i don't know. Either way, post at eight o'clock in the evening is ridiculous.

Okay, I think i'm done with the ranting for now..

Sorry..

Thanks for reading!

Alie :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment