Tuesday 11 September 2012

Selfish people and Royal mail pt 2!

SELFISH PEOPLE!

Oh my days. I don't often speak up about the selfish people in this world, because they are completely unchangeable and not worth writing about. However, I feel like this gripe is necessary.

I cannot stand people that are so involved with themselves that they don't even notice when things are going on in their own friends lives. Here's what I mean..

*this scenario is hypothetical*

Lauren is feeling low, there's a lot going on at home and she's also having some personal issues. Lauren confides in her friend Shauna about her situation...

Lauren: "-----Shauna, I feel like everything's falling apart. I don't know what to do, I never imagined things would become this serious"

Shauna: "Oh, that's too bad! Did I tell you i'm applying to mars university? I really want to go there. I think it'll be really good for me, what do you think?" 

Now I know this scenario is a bit strange and maybe not the exact conversation that might go on in the real world, however, I have genuinely seen and heard of similar conversations, where one friend is having serious issues, and the other is too wrapped in their own life that they don't notice their friend needs help.

Obviously I've used a scenario completely far away from any I've experienced, and tried to keep away from any that have happened to my friends for their own confidentiality, but what I'm trying to put across, is how much it vexes me when someone is too selfish to realise anything that's going on in anyone's lives but their own. I know everyone knows at least one of these people, so if you identify with this, please let me know your thoughts on the topic :)!

*

Royal mail! 

Gripe: I ordered a limited edition hoodie from a website that I have used many times before, but seven says after the package had been dispatched, it still hadn't arrived. I checked about and found out that the majority of people that had ordered the same hoodie had already received theirs, but I haven't.. it's now been two weeks and I've put in a claim, after the dispatcher checked my order number and tracking said it had already been delivered. 

Cheeful air pump: A friend from twitter ordered something recently, and it arrived the day after, so thanks Royal mail, you've redeemed yourselves ever so slightly in my eyes! 

Thanks for reading!

Alie :) x


No comments:

Post a Comment