Wednesday 12 September 2012

Room 94 pt 1: Manchester.

This is a pretty personal blog..

This summer on Saturdays 11/08/2012 & 18/08/2012 I experienced two of the best days of my life so far. I went to see Room 94 again, for their summer tour.. This is an account of the first show..

Manchester:

I had to get up at around seven in the morning, get ready and leave by half past eight. We actually ended up leaving at eightish and started to make good time on the road. I won't go into the boring details of the journey, it was four hours long after all!

When we got to Manchester, we drove around looking for a place to park near the venue (Moho live) and luckily, there was an NCP directly opposite. After we parked up, we went to meet my friend at the station and then walked back up to get some food. I was so excited/nervous that I couldn't eat much, so I just had a little to tide me over.

Soon after, we went back to the car and sat talking until it was time for us to queue for VIP. While we were in the car, a band sat outside the venue playing some of their own stuff to promote themselves. We had a good laugh when an old man came over to talk to them and wouldn't leave them alone, but aside from that, they were okay..

Eventually we got our VIP passes and went in. We sat in on sound check which was an amazing experience, and had a meet and greet with the bad after which was incredible.

Something I love about seeing Room 94 is that the guys in the band always make time for fans. They're genuinely lovely and nice to all of us, and make us all feel welcome at their gigs. They're always up for having a laugh with fans and treat us like we're just as important as they are.

[Kieran Lemon & Myself] 


After VIP, we went back outside and waited to be able to head inside for the gig.. We tried to get as close to the front as possible, and at first ended up about five rows back from the stage. Through all of the supports, however, we had a girl in front of us, who had a huge backpack plonked down in front of her preventing anyone from standing there and getting a good spot. Since when did people start taking Rhino sized bags and backpacks to gigs? Seriously? This isn't the eighties.

The supports.

First on was Sean Lemon playing his Mavrickz set. He was so energetic and passionate that the crowd couldn't help but jump and scream and get warmed up for the next few hours. It was like his passion for the music was a driving force making us all crazy and passionate in return. The songs were easily mimickable if you didn't know the words, and hella fantastic to sing along to if you did. When Sean's set was over, I'm pretty sure I heard a huff of dissapointed deflation from the crowd who would've quite happily danced to his set all night long. (http://www.facebook.com/MavrickzOfficial)

Next came a female fronted band called Burn so bright. I'd never heard of them before, but as soon as they started playing I was pleasantly surprised. They were absolutely incredible, energetic and sent vibes through the venue that had everyone screaming and throwing their arms about the air. (http://www.facebook.com/burnsobrightuk)

Thirdly, there was The famous class. This band is absolutely incredible and played an amazing set, also managing to rick roll us in the process with an amazing (and quite frankly, better-than-the-origional) cover of Rick Astley's 'Never gonna give you up'. They got the crowd jumping, screaming and dancing within seconds of being on stage.

Lastly for the supports was another female fronted band called Disclosure, they were also amazing and were perfect for getting everyone excited for Room 94, they also played some excellent covers and some amazing and energetic songs of their own.

After Disclosure finished their set, the girl with the Rhino bag moved and my friend and I managed to get two  or three rows from the stage. While we waited for Room 94, we got crazy excited and took this picture:
[Me & my Becca <3]
I think it's probably one of my favourite pictures because for once, it shows just how happy I am in my natural environment.. Okay, maybe not my natural environment.. but a situation I actually feel normal in.

Finally, it was time for Room 94 (http://www.facebook.com/ROOM94) to come on, and I swear, for a split second in the moment before the first note of the first song was played, there was absolute silence, and it was the most incredible feeling, to be involved in the magical moment between the crowd realising the magic was about to happen, and going wild because of it.

The set was amazing and every song was filled with incredible energy and undeniable passion and the band interacted with the crowd every second of the way, making us all feel involved and part of the magic. During 'ignorance is bliss' there were a few tears in my eyes, i must say, and I think there were tears in most peoples eyes. Let's not forget, as well, that the incredibly amazing Robbie Coles from Show it off (http://www.facebook.com/showitoffofficial) played guitar as well as Sean for this (and the last) tour.. He's an amazing guy and incredibly talented, he shouldn't go unmentioned.. By the end of the gig I was so happy that I honestly thought I couldn't get any happier, and the truth is, for the whole week after the gig, I was the happiest I'd been in a long time.

After the gig, we met the guys again, got some more pictures and had a great laugh.. It was indeed, an absolutely amazing night. 

I'll wrap this up now, I'll be writing another, shorter blog, for the gig in London, and I'll also be adding a short blog with just pictures if any one is interested..

If you fancy, comment with your own gig experiences and let me know if you enjoyed them :)

Thanks for reading.. 

Hope you enjoyed this little (large) extra blog, I'll be writing one of my usual rants in a little while :)

Alie :) x


No comments:

Post a Comment