Wednesday 5 September 2012

People these days.

Okay, so I felt like a new post and a little rant was a bit overdue. 

To be honest, I'm just absoloutely sick of some types of people in this world.

I had a situation a little while ago, where I was faced with a huge amount of hostillity from a follower on twitter. I'm not usually the sort of person to be bothered by this, but the person that 'attacked' me, never gave a reason as to why she was 'attacking' me. I tried to ask what i'd done, but she told me it 'didn't matter' and carried on ranting. She even went as far as to bring someone i'm very fond of into the conversation, telling me she would get him involved. That matter is over now, I never did find out why she wanted to attack me, but I unfollowed her and went about my life.

That situation no longer matters, I actually started writing this in may this year, but have since re-written it a few times. I'd like to move on now, to another thing that bothers me about people these days.

I may sound like an old lady or something right now, but would it kill people to be polite?
I was out with my Nan the other day, and I was shocked by how rudely people treated us. While we were in a shop, I won't name fingers and point names, a member of staff pushed my nan out of the way to reach the counter instead of politely asking her to "excuse" her. The same staff member did the same on their way back out of the counter and proceeded to smile when I said "excuse you". Later, when we were leaving the shop, I held the door for my nan and the woman behind her, when five people walked into the shop without even nodding at me for holding the door. Is it wrong to ask for a little acknowlegement for being polite, really?

Lastly for todays rant, why do people feel the need to brag and boast about every little thing? Just because some of us don't choose to shout about our fortunate moments to the rest of the world, doesn't mean we don't experience them. I guess what I'm trying to put across, is that I don't mind hearing about the amazing things that happen to people, in fact, I find it lovely to hear the nice things that happen to people, but i do not enjoy listening to people constantly sneer and brag about their fortunes.

Thanks for reading, I hope some of you can relate to this..

Alie :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment